Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Little McEnaney at 21 weeks

So what is going on in there with Baby Mc number 2? Well we went for an ultrasound yesterday and baby was laying across my belly being cradled by my hip bones with a bladder for a mattress. We were able to see it open it's mouth a few times and try to either yawn or mouth at his/her arm.

That movement of watching baby open the mouth was just so human. It was beyond the human noise of a heart beat. It just made me very excited. We are just over half way through this baby's development and the time is flying...almost too fast. It is a bit hard to slow down and appreciate this moment in my life with all the amazing things that Eli is doing. I think what is helpful is that the weather is sloooowly changing and it makes for good walks in the afternoon with Eli and plenty of time to appreciate him and the moment we are in. I guess this is what they mean when you should stop and smell the roses. I'll take what time there is.

No comments: