Thursday, April 7, 2011

I'll be done being a mom when they turn 18, right?

I've been mulling on this topic for a while now. And seeing as I'm home sick for the past two days and have called my mom and Betty for council on getting better and managing my own kid, I can confidently say...NO...I won't be done being a mom at 18.

Every once in a while I have this thought that I'll stop worrying or mothering when Eli and the new babe turn 18. I'll go back to being just me and Scott. This isn't so. After these McEnaney kids turn 18 I will start to worry about their safety outside of my home. What are they eating for dinner? Is there new friend really appreciating them for who they are? When they marry are they doing it for the right reasons? Are they contributing to a 401k so they have fun after they retire? Are they happy?

All these stupid things that go through my head....and Eli put a cereal box on his head the other night ant the other little McEnaney isn't even born yet. I must be crazy. Well not really because I'm sure this is kind of normal and many parents want nothing but a good life for their kids right.

I also think that my worries are somewhat miss directed. Call me a bit paranoid but maybe I should worry more about the world and the choices our leaders are making that will impact my kids. The two strings of thought are definitely important. And to make things even more fun...I haven't a clue what tondo about either other than to raise my kiddie to the best ability I can and vote and write my leaders when I think that some thing should be different. Well I'm doing two of the three that I just mentioned. I'll tell you what though...the third one isn't something that I'm going to do today....I'm just going to get better and call my mom if things don't improve.

No comments: