Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Work Work Work

Well, my last remaining hours of leave are numbered. It makes me not want to go to sleep just so I can enjoy it for a little more. Lets just say that the thought of waking up in the middle of the night to feed Eli makes me smile because I do enjoy his smile in the middle of the night. I also enjoy the fact that he goes back to sleep.

Hmmm, three months. Obviously a lot has changed in three months, including the size of Eli. My outlook has been re-shaped, my waist line has shrunk, Eli grew, Scott and I grew on many different levels, and I would even say that the dogs grew up a bit too.

So now the harsh reality of returning to work. I will say that I'm so glad I enjoy what I do and who I work with as this makes going to work easier. I know I'll have a good couple of laughs. But man, I hope the day goes by fast because the one thought that makes me smile is the fact that I get to pick Eli up at the end of my day. That one action will make my day a whole lot better and hopefully not a lot longer.

I knew this day was going to be hard. The eve of this day is even harder. I dreaded this day more than birth (well the pain of birth), but like the pain of child birth there is this great thing on the other side...picking him up after work and finishing my day with him. I guess I'll finally understand what Scott has been doing for the past few months. Racing home...to be with his son in hopes he'll have a smile for him. Now we'll be fighting over him.



There are two others that will also enjoy the end of the day too. Ghillie and Diesel. They have been good companions for the past few months, but I think they will enjoy the 8 hour naps instead of following me around. One thing I won't miss is Ghillie's persistence in chasing the cats...man..talk about driving me up a wall. Although on this final day of being home, Kat finally nailed Ghillie in the nose. That dog's nose can bleed.



Well, here is to a new start with Scott, Eli, and I. I'll leave you with this one last thought. After becoming a mom, I decided that I didn't want to utter the words "I can't wait for Eli to do....". I don't even put wait and Eli in the same sentence. Except in my new circumstances of returning to work...I can't wait to see Eli!



1 comment:

Betsy said...

Oh he is Precious! I hope that you are doing well, and surviving the whole back to work thing!!