Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Twas the night before...

SO, today I'm supposed to have a baby. Don't get your hopes up, but with 3 weeks to go, the thought crosses my mind just about every night that I go to bed. On Monday, a co-worker said to me "Erin, I think you're going to have it on Christmas Eve". I told her that wasn't going to happen and there are no indications that would prove her point, unless I have an incredibly high tolerance for pain and have been giggling off any real contractions. The funny thing was, she saw me yesterday and said "Good luck tomorrow." What a jokester. That is a funny story that I can't help but enjoy repeating.

The fact is, the distance between my belly and my breasts is slowly increasing. I don't really notice it on the other end. No pressure down there or sensation of a grapefruit. I just notice a basketball sitting on my lap. However, given the fact that I'm growing more may explain the basketball on my lap theory and not actually be the drop. I will say that being the little devil is head down, it can be somewhat debilitating to feel its head smushing into my bladder. Like...enough to make you stop walking because it is such a sharp and sudden sensation. My other favorite sensation is when I get feet sticking out on my left and a bum sticking out on my right. It is going in two places at once. I think it is just about getting crammed for space at this point.

So with 19 days until due date, I tease myself with thoughts that I won't make it. Then I remember that once it is out, you can't ever put it back in. I shared the earlier story with Scott yesterday, and he said that I would have it next week. I keep telling him to stop getting my hopes up.

For all of you who are also losing a bit of sleep over this, I'll share that as of right now there are no indicators that a birth will be happening soon. I do go for another Dr. visit today. About the only update I'll give you from that is my remarkable weight gain and the baby's heart rate.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!!

No comments: